Thanet Ground Water Quality | home
Return to post and other links | Thanet Ground Water Quality | Thanet Ground Water Quality table | Manston map | Benzine | From the China Gateway environmental report | Xblocks | Phases | Source Protection Zones | EA | Environment Agency's Response | My response to the Environment Agency | My initial objection to the development | Executive Director of East Kent Opportunities LLP | Title 15 | Title 16 | CPRE Kent | CPREKent2 | Title 19 | Title 20 | Title 21 | Environment Agency being difficult | Information Request | Letter to Doug 5.7.8 | Natural England's comments | complaint ref 1342 | Title 33 | power of the sea | BRIEFING DOCUMENT FOR THANET DISTRICT COUNCILLORS | More from the EA | Southern Water discharge consent letter. | INFRATIL LETTER | Recommendation to the planning committee to approve | Explosive | Developers clarification of points raised at the planning meeting | Doug Emails | CUMMINS POWER GENERATION LTD. | Title 47 | voting | Sericol Investigations | Title 50 | the history at Thor | EA letter to KIA 19.12.08 | EA letter to KIA 18.12.08
Executive Director of East Kent Opportunities LLP
Job Title Executive Director of East Kent Opportunities LLP
Location Maidstone and Thanet
Grade c. £70K
Responsible to: Management Committee (The Collaboration Team)
East Kent Opportunities (EKO) LLP is a joint venture vehicle established by Kent County Council and Thanet District Council with a specific focus on the development of a number of sites in the Thanet area namely, Manston Business Park and Eurokent.
The post holder will be expected to grow and manage a Limited Liability Partnership through the development of the sites at Manston Business Park and Eurokent. The aim will be to maximise the number of high quality jobs created in the area and make a return on investment for the LLP's investors.
The successful candidate will be working closely with developers and other parties in order to drive forward the business planning process, deliver challenging targets for the growth of the business and ensure its long term viability and profitability.
The post sits within the Limited Liability Partnership and at no time will the employee be directly employed by Kent County Council or Thanet District Council.
The main purpose of the role includes;
Managing the Joint Venture's strategic plan and its operations plan and associated activities;
Developing, managing and monitoring the business planning processes and actively contributing to the successful development and promotion of Eurokent and Manston Business Park sites;
Taking an entrepreneurial approach to identifying and maximising the business opportunities within the constraints of the LLP and thereby facilitate the regeneration of Thanet.
Ensuring the successful long-term development of Manston Business Park and Eurokent Park, along with any other assets the LLP may be tasked with managing.
The principal accountabilities of the role are set out below.
1. To provide executive support to the Management Committee/Collaboration Team;
2. Identify business opportunities through in depth analysis and evaluation in order for both sites to achieve an annual target for revenue generation;
3. Maximise the financial returns on the Joint Venture's investment while taking account of other non-financial indicators;
4. Meet other non-financial targets set by the LLP's investors (jobs created, new businesses into Kent, long term impact).
5. Manage the development of both sites to ensure opportunities are exploited to their fullest potential.
6. Develop and deliver the strategy and plans required for a successful outcome.
7. Work in partnership with KCC, TDC and other partners to develop the sites while maximising revenue generation and long term business viability.
8. Negotiate commercial rents and management fees with tenants and deal with any stakeholder issues that may arise.
9. Plan and develop processes and priorities to meet changing business needs.
10. Manage budgets as required ensuring compliance with finance and budget management standards.
11. Run marketing and media campaigns to ensure the right types of business are attracted to the area.
12. Provide line management to staff ensuring service issues and individual staffing matters are appropriately addressed.
13. Implement policies that are relevant to the LLP and ensure that the organisation is compliant with current best practices.
• Education to degree level, and or any other appropriate professional qualification.
• Considerable experience within the property and planning development industry either in the public and/or private sector.
• Qualification in and or experience in one or more relevant specialist disciplines.
The person will be required to evidence the following skills and expertise
• High Level IT Skills with the ability to analyse data, plan effectively and produce reports.
• Success in partnership working between local authorities and the private sector.
• Successful commercial track record along with a background of consistent achievement as a senior manager.
• Ability to formulate and deliver strategic objectives.
• High degree of political awareness.
• Clear evidence showing knowledge of legal, financial and regulatory (including H&S) workings of a Limited Liability Partnership and local authorities.
• Good project management skills including problem solving and an ability to identify and deliver solutions.
• Drive and enthusiasm.
• Creative and innovative.
• Demonstrable success in leading and motivating staff to deliver objectives.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Able to demonstrate the ability to control budgets.
• Able to plan and prioritise.
• Well developed commercial awareness with a sound business acumen.
• Prepared to work some unsociable hours as reasonably required.