July 2007       |     home       thanetonline.com      michaelsbookshop.com         Click here for books about The Isle of Thanet  Dangerous cliff ?
this link takes you to the rest of my Pleasurama site          this link takes you to my previous correspondence
July 2007     |   Thanet District Council press release   |   Pleasurama update 6/6/2007 another years delay!   |   The temporary railings   |   Ramsgate   |   latest news   |   heads embedded in the concrete   |   Simon Moores Thanet life   |   Michael Child   |   Latest views   |   Details from the latest plans   |   Pictures 2007   |   April 2007   |   April replies   |   Replies to my email about the new introduction January 2007   |   David Green   |   pleasurama update   |   Seafront site ready for rejuvenation   |    Companies House Search   |   correspondence   |   prompt replies   |   Action   |   Riddles   |   Committee   |   more   |   Follow up   |   councillors   |   councillors revised   |   spam your councillors   |   Councillors responses   |   Economical with the truth   |   The Member Portal   |   Taking the member out of the portal   |   Ken Gregory   |   Gerry O'Donnell   |   survey   |   May 2007   |   Cracks over the voids   |   Engineers report on the condition of the cliff   |   more report   |   election results
My attempts learn about the Pleasurama project have lead me into a dialogue with Thanet District Council about their website and the way they pass on correspondence to councillors. Click on the links above to read the correspondence.

Latest views

The correspondence is coming in thick and fast about Pleasurama, so went out in the garden and took a couple of close-ups of St. Georges Church, to decorate this page, below is published a sample. Once again the oldest ones are at the bottom.


Subject:
official complaint
Date:
16/03/2007 13:14:54 GMT Standard Time
From:
Michael Child



richard.samuel@thanet.gov.uk

CC: Doug.Brown@thanet.gov.uk, terry@wwheeler.freeserve.co.uk, winterstoke@tiscali.it, mauriceburton@btinternet.com, rjwinramsgate@tiscali.co.uk, peterjude@landi4.freeserve.co.uk, terra_nova@btconnect.com, richglen@clements320.fsnet.co.uk, ralph@ralphhoult.co.uk, mrsmknight@hotmail.co.uk, Michael Child, mayor.ramsgate@btopenworld.com, margatemuseum@btconnect.com, margaret.swan@ukonline.co.uk, lauraprobert@btinternet.com, Kedajone, johnmac1941@hotmail.com, jocelynm@talktalk.net, info@clivebaker.co.uk, fiona.fennell@kent.gov.uk, eddie@ramsgatebrewery.co.uk, david@ddorman.plus.com, curator@greatstorm.fsnet.co.uk, batt977@btinternet.com catblake@freeuk.com, poole@btinternet.com, sandy.ezekiel@thanet.gov.uk, CC: llaldred@yahoo.co.uk
Bobbreggub
robert.bayford@thanet.gov.uk
jobooth@tinyworld.co.uk
jackbernard.cohen@virgin.net
cook_barbara_ann@hotmail.com
kaydark@hotmail.com
simonday@clara.co.uk
trevoremes@freenet.co.uk
michellefenner@hotmail.com
johnfullarton@hotmail.com
bowenfuller@hotmail.com
brianandann@birchpark.fs.co.uk
greenliz@btinternet.com
AGreg115
Ian.Gregory@ekht.nhs.uk
cllrboggs@hotmail.com
bill-hayton@bhayton.fsnet.co.uk
charles.hibberd@thanet.gov.uk
higgsl@parliament.uk
Iris.johnston@btinternet.com
john.kirby@thanet.gov.uk
roger.latchford@btinternet.com
roger.latchford@thanet.gov.uk
Jeff.Kirkpatrick@btinternet.com
barbara.nicholson216@tesco.net
richard@rnicholson3.wanadoo.co.uk
william.peppiatt@thanet.gov.uk
ingrid.spencer@talk21.com
ingrid.spencer@thanet.gov.uk
margatecarnival@tesco.net
steve_ward@btinternet.com
zita@wiltshire1.fsworld.co.uk
martin.wise@thanet.gov.uk
Claire.Sivier@thanet.gov.uk
lucy.tuson@thanet.gov.uk
editorial@kosmedia.co.uk
eleonard@thekmgroup.co.uk
editor.thanet@kentregionalnewspapers.co.uk
thanetextra@thekmgroup.co.uk
news@meridiantv.com
newsdesk.thanet@kentregionalnewspapers.co.uk
southeasttoday@bbc.co.uk
Annette.Firmin@thanet.gov.uk
Committee@thanet.gov.uk
jdr_kent@yahoo.com
howardm@parliament.uk
steveladyman@email.labour.org.uk
GaleRJ@parliament.uk
enquiryodpm@odpm.gsi.gov.uk
cpocrown@odpm.gsi.gov.uk
dc@odpm.gsi.gov.uk
devplan@odpm.gsi.gov.uk
regplan@odpm.gsi.gov.uk
hens@thecoop.orangehome.co.uk
laura@sandys.org.uk
LadymanS@parliament.uk
HES@thanet.gov.uk
bobsimmonds@surefish.co.uk


I am now in the process of making an official complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.
I have heard nothing from the TDC council officers, they really are daft not to have some sort of dialogue with me on this or to send the promised documents. Frankly they, Brian White or Richard Samuel, only have to send the latest set of plans and documents with a note saying how much time they need to consult on the issues I raised and I could publish it and everyone would know the situation. However as things are the only way I can see forward is to write to the LGO with a list of broken promises, which is a waste of time and public money. When you look at it all, outside of all the other concerns, the lowering of the ground floor of the building has serious safety issues both with respect to the stability of the cliff and storm damage, no one can make the laws of nature into a political secret. Brian is such a pleasant chap who agrees that pretty much all of the concerns that I raised need looking into carefully before any work can start, I canít understand why he has not responded at all. As for the cabinet, in view of the fact that a major local project appears to have serious problems, their lack of response and its implied indifference, can't be doing their credibility any good at all.
As for points replied to in the last email. I have it from Liz Green and from Laura (secretary of the Ramsgate society) that the planning application to rebuild the end of the San Clue has been withdrawn.
If any of you know of any other large projects that effect Ramsgate, please let me know and I will publish them up on the thanetonline.com website.
If any of you want removing from the list of cc emails please let me know.
All the best Michael.



Subject: Re: euphemism for a loo Date: 15/03/2007 11:25:26 GMT Standard Time From: greenliz@btinternet.com
Reply To:
To:
MichaelChild@aol.com, Michaelsbookshop@aol.com



Hi Michael
Don't know reason, but I understand the Application for the San Clu has been withdrawn.
Liz


Subject:
Re: euphemism for a loo
Date:
14/03/2007 19:25:03 GMT Standard Time
From:
terry@wwheeler.freeserve.co.uk
Reply To:
To:
MichaelChild@aol.com



Hi Michael
Is there room for another in that place called Blissful Ignorance. I knew nothing about San Clu!
See you there.......
Regards
Terry
Terry Wheeler
Editor of ABOUT RAMSGATE for The Ramsgate Society
www.ramsgate-society.org.uk


Subject: Re: euphemism for a loo Date: 14/03/2007 19:13:40 GMT Standard Time From: AGreg115
Reply To:
To:
Michael Child



Michael,
These plans have been knocking around for ages, the legal requirement is for them to be publisised on the standard yellow notice around the site, and near neighbours are written to.
In addition district councillors are told, and the ward councillors. ie David green etc.
By that I would assume that ERA know.
I take the view that teh building needs returning to what it was, and hope that it will be a visual asset to Ramsgate and Thanet
Ken


Subject: Re: euphemism for a loo Date: 14/03/2007 16:46:18 GMT Standard Time From: lauraprobert@btinternet.com
Reply To:
To:
MichaelChild@aol.com




I had a letter last week ( as Ramsoc wrote to object) saying this planning application for San Clu had been withdrawn.
----- Original Message -----
From: MichaelChild@aol.com
To: Michaelsbookshop@aol.com
Cc: Doug.Brown@thanet.gov.uk ; terry@wwheeler.freeserve.co.uk ; winterstoke@tiscali.it ; mauriceburton@btinternet.com ; rjwinramsgate@tiscali.co.uk ; peterjude@landi4.freeserve.co.uk ; terra_nova@btconnect.com ; richglen@clements320.fsnet.co.uk ; ralph@ralphhoult.co.uk ; mrsmknight@hotmail.co.uk ; MichaelChild@aol.com ; mayor.ramsgate@btopenworld.com ; margatemuseum@btconnect.com ; margaret.swan@ukonline.co.uk ; lauraprobert@btinternet.com ; Kedajone@aol.com ; johnmac1941@hotmail.com ; jocelynm@talktalk.net ; info@clivebaker.co.uk ; fiona.fennell@kent.gov.uk ; eddie@ramsgatebrewery.co.uk ; david@ddorman.plus.com ; curator@greatstorm.fsnet.co.uk ; batt977@btinternet.com catblake@freeuk.com ; poole@btinternet.com ; sandy.ezekiel@thanet.gov.uk ; "CC:ll=???????????? ; Bobbreggub@aol.com ; robert.bayford@thanet.gov.uk ; jobooth@tinyworld.co.uk ; jackbernard.cohen@virgin.net ; cook_barbara_ann@hotmail.com ; kaydark@hotmail.com ; simonday@clara.co.uk ; trevoremes@freenet.co.uk ; michellefenner@hotmail.com ; johnfullarton@hotmail.com ; bowenfuller@hotmail.com ; brianandann@birchpark.fs.co.uk ; greenliz@btinternet.com ; AGreg115@aol.com ; Ian.Gregory@ekht.nhs.uk ; cllrboggs@hotmail.com ; bill-hayton@bhayton.fsnet.co.uk ; charles.hibberd@thanet.gov.uk ; higgsl@parliament.uk ; Iris.johnston@btinternet.com ; john.kirby@thanet.gov.uk ; roger.latchford@btinternet.com ; roger.latchford@thanet.gov.uk ; Jeff.Kirkpatrick@btinternet.com ; barbara.nicholson216@tesco.net ; richard@rnicholson3.wanadoo.co.uk ; william.peppiatt@thanet.gov.uk ; ingrid.spencer@talk21.com ; ingrid.spencer@thanet.gov.uk ; margatecarnival@tesco.net ; steve_ward@btinternet.com ; zita@wiltshire1.fsworld.co.uk ; martin.wise@thanet.gov.uk ; Claire.Sivier@thanet.gov.uk ; lucy.tuson@thanet.gov.uk ; editorial@kosmedia.co.uk ; eleonard@thekmgroup.co.uk ; editor.thanet@kentregionalnewspapers.co.uk ; thanetextra@thekmgroup.co.uk ; news@meridiantv.com ; newsdesk.thanet@kentregionalnewspapers.co.uk ; southeasttoday@bbc.co.uk ; Annette.Firmin@thanet.gov.uk ; Committee@thanet.gov.uk ; jdr_kent@yahoo.com ; howardm@parliament.uk ; steveladyman@email.labour.org.uk ; GaleRJ@parliament.uk ; enquiryodpm@odpm.gsi.gov.uk ; cpocrown@odpm.gsi.gov.uk ; dc@odpm.gsi.gov.uk ; devplan@odpm.gsi.gov.uk ; regplan@odpm.gsi.gov.uk ; hens@thecoop.orangehome.co.uk ; laura@sandys.org.uk ; LadymanS@parliament.uk ; HES@thanet.gov.uk ; bobsimmonds@surefish.co.uk
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:20 PM
Subject: euphemism for a loo
Iíve still not heard from Mr White no plans no survey no comment on the meetings, I will leave it till Friday and then take more serious action, as I think that consultation with the people of Ramsgate about large projects in Ramsgate is very important.
I noticed new plans to rebuild the end of the San Clue today, (Sorry I know itís called the Comfort Inn now, but that sounds too like a euphemism for a loo to me.) looks very interesting if you computer can manage Adobe Acrobat you can view them all at http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/thanetonline/thanet_planning_site.htm Address: SAN CLU HOTEL VICTORIA PARADE RAMSGATE CT118DT Application No: L/TH/06/1502 if not I have published the main sheet at http://www.thanetonline.com/id67.htm . Why there is nothing up in Ramsgate council offices or the town partnership about these major projects defies understanding. I would have thought that some sort of local consultation would be good. Don't get me wrong I'm not against the plans, but don't expect to find out by accident. Perhaps everyone else knows about it and itís just me in blissful ignorance.



Subject:
Re: Meeting with Brian White
Date:
13/03/2007 15:58:45 GMT Standard Time
From:
Michael Child
Reply To:
To:
jocelynm@talktalk.net


Thanks Jocelyn please keep me informed of any news, I am surprised not to have heard anything from Brian yet. Funny really but proper local consultation from the beginning would have saved the developers so much trouble. All the best Michael.
In a message dated 12/03/2007 18:29:59 GMT Standard Time, jocelynm@talktalk.net writes:
thanks micheal
We will have a discussion on the matter on tuesday. As you say let hold fire until Brian come back to you. I hope to contact the traders in harbour parade to get their views later this week, I will keep you inform
Regards
Jocelyn McCarthy Ramsagte Society


Subject: Re: Meeting with Brian White Date: 12/03/2007 15:02:51 GMT Standard Time From: Michael Child
Reply To:
To:
lauraprobert@btinternet.com

Not much as there was considerably worse damage in other areas resulting in loss of life, as the wind came from the north we got off very lightly. The old Pleasurama building, the pavilion and the other buildings below the east cliff are all known to flood by the occupants, who seem to take it with a pinch of salt. Anyway this is all could find on their site.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pressoffice/anniversary/floods1953.html

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/education/secondary/students/flood.html#flood

In a message dated 12/03/2007 14:43:18 GMT Standard Time, lauraprobert@btinternet.com writes:
Would the meteorological office have the details about the 1953 floods? Just a thought!


Subject: Re: Meeting with Brian White Date: 12/03/2007 12:21:18 GMT Standard Time From: greenliz@btinternet.com
Reply To:
To:
lauraprobert@btinternet.com
CC:
MichaelChild@aol.com, jocelynm@talktalk.net, peterjude@landi4.freeserve.co.uk

Dear Laura
Pleased to hear from you as I was aware I had emailed you and had hoped for comments from other recipients.
Firstly, I agree about the awful problem with mud around the back of the Regency and on the promenade and had informed TDC - this is one of theirs! Thank you for your comments about Boundary Rd I have today passed this information to KCC.
I certainly share your concerns about the seafront development and a real problem at the moment is trying to get relevant information. I had posed a series of 9 questions to KCC and have been chasing them - I have now added yours about liability! I know David has been chasing up TDC issues and we are planning a joint public meeting. We have been unable to find out any anticipated start date. Last week I asked a Cabinet member when the development is likely to start and was told "it is at a crucial stage".
Marina Incline is impossible to use due to its inability to take the weight of construction traffic and the possible damage to Housing underneath the road. I understand there have been very real problems in the past. This is the reason I have pushed for a restriction and signs.
You may well know that the possibility of using a crane by the Bandstand was considered, but obviously with the problems with the voids in the cliff, this was discounted.
The tunnels I believe would not be considered - I would imagine the cost implication would be high, there would be another huge delay and there is a great reluctance to open any of them up anyway!
KCC are usually very good at enforcing any restrictions on hours - my main concern at the moment is ensuring they are put in place. I will let you know as soon as I have any further information or we have arranged our meeting date.
Liz Green
Ramsgate Member KCC
Laura Probert <lauraprobert@btinternet.com> wrote:

Dear Liz
Michael copies me ( among many others!) into his e-mails so hope you don't mind me commenting - I agree that if there is no other solution ( the railway tunnel? a temporary jetty?) restricted hours may be the only way forward but it still worries me as how would this be enforced? The other night i walked up on the westcliff between The Grange and the former Motor Museum and the whole promenade was covered in mud and gravel from the building lorries working on the Regency. It was really slippery and it was only because one of the lights suddenly came on that i saw it in time otherwise i could easily have slipped over. Similar problems will arise along the seafront if lorries go along there. We have the same problem at the bottom of Boundary Road at the moment too. If anyone did fall over a break a leg who is responsible ? The builders or TDC or KCC? Would they be asked to sluice it down every Friday afternoon? The school holidays would be the main problem and i think the lorry traffic should be restricted even more then if not cancelled altogether, as well as at weekends. Also where will the cranes go? Or their portaloos and portacabins? Not on the prom I hope. Jocelyn has just rung me - as he only just got back from London to read all the e-mails about this - I think the exec committee of Ramsoc may hold an emergency summit this week to discuss what we do as comments/objections have to be in by the 19th, don't they?
Is there any mileage in slightly re-routing/re-aligning the steep road down from the toll kiosk? After all the arches at the Broadstairs end are derelict and Neros has gone. Or could they use a temporary lift from the cliff top for some of the building supplies? Just a thought.
This must be real headache for you - I know you both care about Ramsgate - even if we don't agree about everything.
Laura Probert
Hon Sec
Ramsgate Society



Terry Wheeler
Editor of ABOUT RAMSGATE for The Ramsgate Society
www.ramsgate-society.org.uk
----- Original Message -----
From: TERRY WHEELER
To: Peter Landi ; jocelyn mccarthy ; Frank Batt ; laura probert ; gerry o'donnell
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: Pleasurama Access Road

Hi All
I agree letters harping on about what could be or should be on the Pleasurama site won't stop the project going ahead its already been decided that football pitches at Jackey Bakers will be dug up for a new Pool - unless hundreds fill in a questionnaire (or twenty) NOW to have your say. (available at all libraries, Ramsgate Pool or the Council.....) online at

http://www.thanet.gov.uk/council__democracy/consultation/2nd_swimming_pool_consultation.aspx
The previous administration sold the plot to this offshore company and this present one is continuing on with it - too scared to back-down rubber-stamping what had already been settled nothing for Ramsgate as usual - the Turner Bunker, the Bank in Margate Old Town and as you said Peter the old M&S plot and Theatre Royal just to name a few - millions found. What do we get - some nobby nosed apartments.

The brill work put in by people such as from Michael Child who has been challenging the build from day one should be given all the help that we can give - perhaps some other qualified technical people could also put their heads together. Now that Council Officers have put in writing concerns over flood waters. Why would anyone want to buy an expensive apartment that is liable to have a good few feet of water swilling around its base with their cars floating around. Has Terence Painter as seller of these flats been informed of these concerns? Insurance Companies? Would TP be liable if they sold a property and did not disclose this information? New laws concerning the sale of property! And this would include all the flats as surveys will not be carried out until built if they are excavating below ground level surely wouldbe buyers should be informed.

If this fails then I also see no other option - I have already had promises of support to direct action. We can lobby suppliers of materials to the site, access for suppliers could be made very difficult very easily. Now is the time to lobby local businesses and home owners all through Ramsgate from Lord of the Manor to the seafront. Building could be disrupted for months unless the residents of Ramsgate are involved in consultations.
regards
Terry

Terry Wheeler
Editor of ABOUT RAMSGATE for The Ramsgate Society
www.ramsgate-society.org.uk

Subject:
Re: Meeting with Brian White
Date:
11/03/2007 21:35:46 GMT Standard Time
From:
jocelynm@talktalk.net
Reply To:
To:
MichaelChild@aol.com

Micheal,
Good meeting with brian, thanks for the detail. Peter Landi and myself is trying to get a meeting for tuesday the 13 in the afternoon to discuss what action the people of ramsgate should take . Are you available.
Reagrds
Jocelyn


Subject:
Re: Meeting with Brian White
Date:
11/03/2007 16:58:26 GMT Standard Time
From:
lauraprobert@btinternet.com
Reply To:
To:
greenliz@btinternet.com
CC:
MichaelChild@aol.com, jocelynm@talktalk.net, peterjude@landi4.freeserve.co.uk

Dear Michael
Thank you for your email, I am very interested in Mr Whites comments.
I have been working with KCC Highways in relation to access to the site, for a number of months now, as I too had grave concerns. As you are aware Marina Incline is totally unsuitable for heavy traffic and I requested signs at both ends of the road to forbid access to construction traffic - that has been agreed. Written confirmation is also now in place on behalf of the Developers to confirm it will not be used by any construction traffic at all in connection with their development.
This then led to the problem of the only access being through Harbour Parade and past the cafes and bars - not to mention the many residents and visitors. This development, if carried out throughout the summer months in particular, will obviously have a huge impact. Not good when we Ramsgate is being pushed on the grounds of its cafe society!
I asked that carefully restricted hours were implemented to minimise the effect. I am still continuing to work with KCC and residents affected.
Kind regards
Liz Green
KCC Member for Ramsgate


Subject:
RE: Meeting with Brian White
Date:
10/03/2007 16:25:22 GMT Standard Time
From:
poole@btinternet.com
Reply To:
To:
MichaelChild@aol.com

Hi Michael,
I have had several discussions with the Highway people regarding access to the site.
My understanding is that they intend to use the seafront route which will undoubtedly cause problems for the Ďcafé cultureí of the area. The slope is not suitable due to weight restraints placed on it.
I havenít thought about using the tunnel but feel it would probably not be a viable option as it has not been used for years Ė Iím not sure it can opened up and used.
Regards,
Alan.


Subject: Fw: Pleasurama Access Road Date: 10/03/2007 10:59:33 GMT Standard Time From: terry@wwheeler.freeserve.co.uk
Reply To:
To:
MichaelChild@aol.com


Terry Wheeler
Editor of ABOUT RAMSGATE for The Ramsgate Society
www.ramsgate-society.org.uk
----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Landi
To: jocelyn mccarthy ; TERRY WHEELER ; Frank Batt ; laura probert ; gerry o'donnell
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:42 AM
Subject: Pleasurama Access Road
Dear All, I have been awake since early morning thinking about the way forward on this one.
We have written enough words on this to fill a very large book, wee have attended meetings and lobbied councillors all to no avail. We are no further forward now than we were five years ago. We have been unable to persuade the bandits in the BVI to come out into the open and we never will.
So what can we do?
As some of you may remember I headed the group to get the access road into the port to save Ramsgate from being destrpyed by the huge freight lorries. Nothing really worked until we decided to take direct action. We had protest marches and received huge publicity on television, radio and i n the press. The public inquiry resulted in our winning the argument and the access road was built.
So, in my opinion the time has now come to take direct action and go to the barricades. BUT have we got the stomach for it? The Ramsgate Society did not support the access road campaign. It is a genteel group, very polite, mostly middle class and not given to protests even after the tea and biscuits.
I really see no alternative to direct action. What do the rest of you think? We can carry on writing letters but I have gone past that now. Best wishes to you all Peter Landi.

Subject:
RE: Meeting with Brian White
Date:
10/03/2007 16:00:07 GMT Standard Time
From:
LADYMANS@parliament.uk
Reply To:
To:
MichaelChild@aol.com

I'm pleased your meeting with him went well. I met the Chief Exec on Friday for reassurance on some of these issues - including access issues.

Steve L

Subject: Meeting with Brian White Date: 12/03/2007 12:58:00 GMT Standard Time From: Michael Child


Doug.Brown@thanet.gov.uk,
terry@wwheeler.freeserve.co.uk,
winterstoke@tiscali.it,
mauriceburton@btinternet.com,
rjwinramsgate@tiscali.co.uk,
peterjude@landi4.freeserve.co.uk,
terra_nova@btconnect.com,
richglen@clements320.fsnet.co.uk,
ralph@ralphhoult.co.uk,
mrsmknight@hotmail.co.uk,
Michael Child, mayor.ramsgate@btopenworld.com,
margatemuseum@btconnect.com,
margaret.swan@ukonline.co.uk,
lauraprobert@btinternet.com,
Kedajone,
johnmac1941@hotmail.com, jocelynm@talktalk.net,
info@clivebaker.co.uk,
fiona.fennell@kent.gov.uk,
eddie@ramsgatebrewery.co.uk,
david@ddorman.plus.com,
curator@greatstorm.fsnet.co.uk,
batt977@btinternet.com catblake@freeuk.com,
dgreen.home@btinternet.com,
poole@btinternet.com,
sandy.ezekiel@thanet.gov.uk,
CC: llaldred@yahoo.co.uk
Bobbreggub
robert.bayford@thanet.gov.uk
jobooth@tinyworld.co.uk
jackbernard.cohen@virgin.net
cook_barbara_ann@hotmail.com
kaydark@hotmail.com
simonday@clara.co.uk
trevoremes@freenet.co.uk
michellefenner@hotmail.com
johnfullarton@hotmail.com
bowenfuller@hotmail.com
brianandann@birchpark.fs.co.uk
greenliz@btinternet.com
AGreg115
Ian.Gregory@ekht.nhs.uk
cllrboggs@hotmail.com
bill-hayton@bhayton.fsnet.co.uk
charles.hibberd@thanet.gov.uk
higgsl@parliament.uk
Iris.johnston@btinternet.com
john.kirby@thanet.gov.uk
roger.latchford@btinternet.com
roger.latchford@thanet.gov.uk
Jeff.Kirkpatrick@btinternet.com
barbara.nicholson216@tesco.net
richard@rnicholson3.wanadoo.co.uk
william.peppiatt@thanet.gov.uk
ingrid.spencer@talk21.com
ingrid.spencer@thanet.gov.uk
margatecarnival@tesco.net
steve_ward@btinternet.com
zita@wiltshire1.fsworld.co.uk
martin.wise@thanet.gov.uk
Claire.Sivier@thanet.gov.uk
lucy.tuson@thanet.gov.uk
editorial@kosmedia.co.uk
eleonard@thekmgroup.co.uk
editor.thanet@kentregionalnewspapers.co.uk
thanetextra@thekmgroup.co.uk
news@meridiantv.com
newsdesk.thanet@kentregionalnewspapers.co.uk
southeasttoday@bbc.co.uk
Annette.Firmin@thanet.gov.uk
Committee@thanet.gov.uk
jdr_kent@yahoo.com
howardm@parliament.uk
steveladyman@email.labour.org.uk
GaleRJ@parliament.uk
enquiryodpm@odpm.gsi.gov.uk
cpocrown@odpm.gsi.gov.uk
dc@odpm.gsi.gov.uk
devplan@odpm.gsi.gov.uk
regplan@odpm.gsi.gov.uk
hens@thecoop.orangehome.co.uk
laura@sandys.org.uk
LadymanS@parliament.uk
HES@thanet.gov.uk

Please pardon me for relying to you all in one go but I am having a difficult day today.
I have had quite a bit of correspondence about the Pleasurama development over the weekend, some of it I have published at http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/tdc/latest_views_.htm if any of you donít want yours published let me know and I will remove it straight away.
I first started to become concerned about the Pleasurama development in April of 2003 when I wrote to Steve Ladyman asking about the proposed development. Since then I have had a considerable correspondence mostly with TDC officers and councillors.
Last Tuesday during my meeting with Brian White, I became aware for the first time that the council officers had finally come to the conclusion that the project had very serious problems.
My feelings are that it would be best to wait a few more days for Brian to come back to me with the results of his meetings with DEFRA and the architects, and to send me the documentation as promised.
I think the most likely outcome will be that the base line of the building will have to moved up by at least 2.5 meters, probably more like 3.5 meters because of global warming. However until I can find accurate information on how high the flood of 1953 was this is speculation so if any of you know, please let me know.
To answer specific questions that some of you asked, according to Nick Catford who wrote the book I publish on the tunnels, and is involved in the periodic tunnel inspections, the old main line railway tunnel is in good condition. Since the ventilation was cut off from the tunnel system however, a lot of the unlined chalk tunnels that were dug out as an airraid shelter in WW2 are deteriorating rapidly, this may cause some concern for anyone whose house is built on top of one.
There is not much chance of me being able to get out on Tuesday afternoon, with the shop and the school run, sorry.
Kind regards to you all Michael